Heavy price for a lesson

Sunday, September 19, 2010 at 11:56 PM
Man!!! I just did a terribly stupid thing.. wanna noe wad is it?? I went to surf the net on my phone.. using the internet provided by my provider. All the while i have been using wifi all along to surf net on my fone.. but becos the signal is too weak, i decided to change to using the ideas wap that was in my phone.. that is also the internet provided by the provider.. Singtel. So it means im now using Singtel's internet to surf on my phone, and naturally.. i had to pay for it.. I already knew it.. but i didn't expect that i would have to pay over 50 bucks for that!! It was really WAY TOO RIDICULOUS!! IT IS!! So this was wad happened..

I went to download a song that is about 8mb on my phone.. and spent abt 10-15 mins using the internet. Then when i went online on my com to check the charges.. it was 0.01 cents/2kb.. after i checked my usage on the internet.. it was 10.61mb.. so after i did my calculations.. to my horror!! It was 54.34!! Thats the price that i have to pay! OMG.. its horrendous!! Not convinced, i called the singtel customer care hotline and then it was confirmed.. its true!! OMG!! I didnt noe about such thing at first.. i tot it wun costs that much to surf the internet on the phone.. cos like in previous years.. i did surf and the amt was never more than 10 bucks! But this time, i used only abt 10mb.. and it amounts to $54!! OMGOSH!! I was really aghast.. but too bad the singtel staff can;t do anything abt it.. so means i had to pay for my ignorance and foolishness..

Felt damn stupid and heartbroken.. to spend $54 just over one song which i could get it from the internet using my com and transfer to my phone.. i guess im just too "rich".. like to throw my $$ away.. lol.. no of coz not!! This was done in a "unconscious" state of mind.. but wads done is done.. no pt crying over spilt milk now.. just felt bad cos my dad always say money is hard to earn.. yet i just spend it away like that.. !! Over a song!! I really deserve a good scolding from my dad for it.. for not internalising the phrase into my head.. Whenever i think abt the money he makes are those which are gained from his hardwork.. "blood sweat money".. it really pains me that why am i spending all the "blood sweat money" that my dad earned so hard like water..

I guess i only have myself to blame for this matter... A heavy price for a lesson learnt.. Next time better not use my phone to surf net anymore.. maybe just use wifi..

0 comments

Post a Comment